Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Definition of Design


My definition of design is the process of how something, whether it be a drawing, a room, an add, or anything really, is put together and completed.
When I do my photography, I have to plan out first what kind of materials I am going to be working with; what kind of camera, lens, scenary, etc. I then find the area's that I am going to shoot at and I have a mental picture of what I want my photos to come out like. Once I have shot my photos, I upload and edit them.
I believe that design is planned out, even if the design comes out of the blue. One usually will have guidelines to follow, and have some what of an idea of what they want their design to turn out like. They then will decide on what materials to use, and begin their work. After completing their design, they can look at what they have done and be open to critique and also willing to make adjustments.
This is a picture I took at the NEATV-MX Series. I had pre planned where I wanted to stand for the holeshot, and knew I wanted to get all the top competetors in one shot. I think I was able to capture what I wanted. Also, I designed the Kota Imaging Logo. This took a few days to put together. I needed to make sure it would not take away from any photo I put up. I believe that is also a good example of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment